Taking measures to avoid pollution from occurring helps prevent costly assessment and remediation expenses down the road. Finding it early can minimize mitigation efforts.
- Review of operations including raw materials, processing, chemicals used, waste stream, and waste and materials handling, and provide options for reducing environmental impacts (report and presentation/discussion).
- Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments / Stage 1 Preliminary Site Investigations to understand the potential for contamination from current and past land uses and neighbouring land uses.
- Desktop and intrusive site assessments to understand and document pre-development soil and groundwater conditions and to assess areas of potential contamination.
- Soil and groundwater monitoring programs (design, installation, implementation) for early detection of contamination.
- Reassessment of operations and site conditions following implementation of operational changes to prevent pollution.